Demand management register
We want to work with you to help identify cost-effective demand management solutions, which allow us to defer or avoid the need for network investment and reduce the long-term costs of the network.
Our Demand Management Engagement Strategy explains how we'll engage and consult with you and suppliers to deliver demand management solutions for Tasmania's distribution network.
If you're interested in providing demand management solutions, please complete the form below to register with us and we'll contact you if an opportunity arises.
The most common demand management solutions include:
- Operating generators within a customer's electrical installation
- Shedding non-critical loads or load shifting by rescheduling use of electricity
- Changing loads from electricity to another fuel source
- Reducing the electricity used by appliances for short periods
- Using battery storage capacity to address peak demand