Partnerships and donations
We provide funding to like-minded, community-based organisations to deliver an initiative that'll make a tangible, long-term difference to the Tasmanian community. We consider our funding to be the building blocks of a partnership, where we collaborate to achieve great outcomes. We'll consider multi-year partnerships for large projects (up to $50,000 a year), as well as smaller, short-term partnerships (up to $10,000).
Donation requests for up $1,000 can be made by any Australian not-for-profit organisation, for an activity, project or event that’ll take place in Tasmania for the direct benefit of the Tasmanian community.
Does your community initiative deliver a tangible, long-term difference in our community?
We’ll consider proposals that:
- Contribute to the wellbeing of the Tasmanian community in at least one of the following areas: education, safety, innovation or environment
- Deliver tangible, long-term benefits for the Tasmanian community as a direct result of the partnership
- Are consistent with our unwavering commitment to safety
- Are innovative and show thought leadership
- Directly support an Australian registered charity, or not-for-profit organisation
- Align with our vision to be trusted to deliver today and create a better tomorrow
We won’t support:
- Any initiative conducted outside of Tasmania, or an organisation proposing activities relating to sponsorship outside of Tasmania
- Commercial projects, events, enterprises or individuals
- Provision of free or discounted electricity, electrical infrastructure, equipment or any other core product
- Any initiative involving high levels of risk or with poor safety or environmental performance
- Any project, event or organisation that could be considered inconsistent with our vision or role in the Tasmanian community
- Overtly political or religious organisations
Along with the above criteria, we consider a number of internal factors when reviewing applications, including the resources required to deliver the partnership, opportunities for community engagement, alignment with business priorities and the compatibility of other funding partners. We receive many requests a year and are unable to accept all requests, even if they meet our assessment guidelines.
We carefully assess each request against our criteria and it can take up to 4 weeks for us to process your application and get back to you. If we need more detail about your proposal, we’ll contact you using the information you provide.