General questions

Search our frequently asked questions

  • Does TasNetworks have a customer charter?

    TasNetworks’ aim is to ensure you receive the highest level of customer service and a safe and reliable supply of electricity. Our customer service standards, details of our commitment to you and our guarantees and penalties should we fail to deliver, are set out in the TasNetworks Customer Charter

    Back to the top
  • How do I contact TasNetworks?

    You can write to us at Tasmanian Networks Pty Ltd, PO Box 606, Moonah Tasmania 7009

    Alternatively, you can contact us via our general enquiries form.

    You can also contact us on any of the following statewide numbers:

    Emergency and service difficulties: 13 2004
    Switchboard: 1300 12 7777
    All other enquiries: 1300 13 7008

    Back to the top
  • What is the relationship between my retailer, TasNetworks and Hydro Tasmania?

    Your retailer issues electricity accounts and arranges connections and disconnections.

    We operate and maintain Tasmania’s transmission and distribution networks (the poles and wires). If you have a power outage, contact us on 132 004.

    Hydro Tasmania is responsible for generating power. It operates and manages a network of hydro storage dams, power stations and wind farms.

    Back to the top
  • Am I responsible for private power poles on my property?

    It is your responsibility to organise regular inspections and fix any defects of any power poles or powerlines on your property. This is to ensure a reliable power supply, reduce the risk of electrocution or bushfires and keep your powerlines safe.

    Find out more about vegetation and safe growing near powerlines and private power poles and powerlines.

    Back to the top
  • How do I report a faulty streetlight?

    Please report faulty streetlights to us on 132 004. If you can, take note of the 6-digit number on the pole to help identify it. Once we have been advised of a defective streetlight, we will aim to repair it within 7 business days.

    Back to the top
  • How do I find out more about safety?

    Electricity can be dangerous. Read more information about our current safety campaigns.

    Back to the top
  • What should I do if I need to paint or renovate around the electrical wires that come into my home

    The electrical wires that enter your building are LIVE. Do not touch or attempt to disconnect them.

    Where they connect (usually through the eaves) is called the point of attachment. For any structural or renovation work, it's recommended you contact your retailer to disconnect the electricity while work is being done.

    Find out more about safety around your home.

    Back to the top

Please submit your question

Select one *:

A confirmation email has been sent to the email address you provided. A customer service representative may contact you if they require further information.

We will answer your question as soon as possible. It may take up to 3 business days.