The steps below outline the process for getting your renewable energy system up and running.
1. First you will need to talk to a supplier or installer. You can find accredited installers on the Clean Energy Council website.
2. The installer will provide you with a system design and written quote. If you wish to proceed, the installer will send your Connection Application to TasNetworks. Once TasNetworks assesses your application and makes sure that it meets the appropriate technical standards and requirements, you will be sent confirmation that your application has been approved.
3. Your installer will install your system.
4. Your installer will submit an Electrical Work Request (EWR) to your energy retailer and a Certificate of Compliance to WorkSafe Tasmania.
5. TasNetworks will match the approved solar application and the EWR and send the request to your energy retailer to arrange for the digital import-export meter to be installed. Please contact your energy retailer for any enquiries you may have regarding the installation of your new meter.
6. Once this has been done, your installer will activate your system. If this has not been done within the four-week timeframe, you will need to follow up with your installer to ensure they have submitted your paperwork correctly.