Electricity Connection Contract - Standard Terms & Conditions
The Electricity Connection Contract - Standard Terms & Conditions (PDF) should be read before applying for a new connection or the alteration of an existing connection. This document will form part of your connection contract.The Electricity Connection Contract is provided in 2 parts:
Part 1 – Electricity Connection Contract - Standard Terms and Conditions (this document)
Part 2 – Schedule to the Electricity Connection Contract – Contract Details which will be:
- For basic connection services, a document with a ‘B’ prefix and identified as Part 2 of the Electricity Connection Contract.
- For negotiated connection services, a document with an ‘N’ prefix and identified as Part 2 of the Electricity Connection Contract.
Electricity Supply Contract (Deemed)
The Electricity Supply Contract (Deemed) (PDF) details the contractual agreement between us and you in relation to supply arrangements at your installation.
This contract doesn't need to be signed by you. This contract applies when you take supply of electricity from our network (unless you already have a negotiated supply contract with us or subsequently negotiate a contract with us).
Negotiated Supply Contract for Micro-Embedded Generation
The Negotiated Supply Contract for Micro-Embedded Generation (PDF) is for the provision of supply services to a customer with an AS4777 compliant generator.
This document details the contractual agreement between us and you in relation to your embedded generator (such as solar panels).
Distribution Connection Pricing Policy
Our Distribution Connection Pricing Policy (PDF) explains the way we charge for connecting to our distribution network.
We'll calculate charges for connecting or modifying a connection to our distribution network in a way that reflects the costs and benefits of that connection, while remaining compliant. Taking into account this range of factors, our policy approach is summarised as:
- Customers requiring basic and standard customer projects are exempt from any requirement to contribute towards augmentation services
- We're transitioning to more cost-reflective charging for standard customer projects that require transformers
- We'll apply standard calculations and fixed rates where possible
- We'll offer flexible pricing terms and introduce appropriate safeguards to ensure the connection charges are paid
- Developers are eligible to refunds as part of the Developer Mains Scheme
Service and Installation Rules
The Service and Installation Rules (SIR) defines the requirements for connecting to the TasNetworks distribution network.Read moreThis guide is for electrical contractors, designers, consultants, switchboard manufacturers and customers to assist them in the process of establishing a connection to the distribution network.
Since 1 December 2017, metering standards are issued by the Department of Justice and are accessible via the Consumer, Building and Occupational Services website.